28 March 2013

An Arty Affair...


Hi Peeps!

A posting with a little difference today, I've been getting into drawing a little, I was never very good at drawing from memory but can copy or draw what I see a little better.

A little about me...I am a very easily distracted daydreamer (the reason this blog exists!).  I also am very easily influenced by things I see and get excited about new challenges, which is the main reason I never finish these  challenges! :)

The first time I watched  the film Miss Potter, with RenĂ©e Zellweger & Ewan McGregor, I went to the shop the next day and bought a cheap artists sketch pad and pencils as I decided I could be an artist! I used these tools just once then they got put aside when the next interest came across.

Well recently, I watched this film again - if you haven't seen it yet I totally recommend this film, it's such a lovely story and full of romanticism.  After watching this for perhaps the 30th time recently it inspired me to get out my paper and pencils again and draw some Beatrix Potter characters and in doing so I've rediscovered my love of drawing.  Ok, I'm not the worlds greatest, but it can be really relaxing.  I think this is why I get so emphatic about most arts and crafts, including my music - not only because I enjoy doing them so much but they truly are therapeutic and good for the soul.

Here are my first attempts at Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddleduck:















And here's Miss Tiggywinkle although I'm not as pleased with her, I tried to copy her with the same shading and I think she looks a bit disjointed, might have to go over it again.





















I don't think I'll be putting down the needles and picking up pencils all the time but it's certainly another skill I can practice when I fancy something a little different.

Do any of you enjoy sketching, even in designing your crafty projects? I'd love to see some other work if any of you would like to share :)

Until the next time…..
Mrs K
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment