30 January 2012

ABCs aren't as easy as I thought...

Hi guys,

Well I’ve had a productive few days, I’ve almost finished designing my alphabet and pictures for the building blocks! The pattern only comes with ABC which will make 1 block (6 sides including a picture for each letter) so I have copied the format and designed each letter of the alphabet and a picture for each…they took some deciding on I’ll tell you, to be honest I’m still struggling with a few letters to get them finished off! I'll post pictures of each square as I finish them (or maybe each few as there will be a lot....) :)

Also I’m still not sure on how I’m going to make them up as there will be 3 letters and 3 images per block which will run through the alphabet in order, I’m not going to try and get clever with how they are position to be able to spell words etc…, they are for a newborn after all :) But obviously there are 26 letters in the alphabet and this isn’t divisible by 3…..so I’ll have 8 full blocks and 2 letters and pictures left over – any ideas from anyone how to correct this? The only thing I’ve come up with is to do the old XYZ as the 24th block (which will help a bit with picture issues, but then what do I do for the picture on there as it’s only a small space?

The over the weekend I’ve finally achieved a life-long dream – I’ve taught myself to crochet!! I’ve tried so many times before but never quite managed to master it, I became a dab hand at making the first chain but the thing I always struggle with is identifying where the loops are to crochet into, but I’ve found that after your first row it’s a lot easier as you’re going through the stitch. I still need some practice because I’m nervous when it gets to the end or beginning of a row where I should be stopping, it’s still quite hard to identify the stiches around there, and of course I can only do the crocheter’s equivalent to the knitted scarf at the moment so I have all the weird and wonderful stitches and techniques to learn but at least I can do the basics now! Here's my first piece of crochet (incidentally the ideal size to sit my iPhone on for my desk at work! :)



Catch up with you soon,
Mrs K
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment