02 May 2012

iPhone Cable - my first time...

Well, it's been a while...I really need to start blogging more about what I'm doing but to be honest I work that slowly there's probably not a lot more I can tell you!

So here's an impromptu little project due to me getting distracted by learning new techniques and discovering the art of cables! I take my knitting into work with me on the off chance I'll get a bit of free time at lunch to work on something (but rarely do!) and found that colleagues have a habit of requesting things making for the homes which I promise to add to my every increasing to do list and of course never get round to making :)

a side note here: I do keep promising myself I will make some of these smaller items and sell them as a way of starting up my dream business where I picture myself sat in a little craft room in a summer house with the birds singing while I sew and knit away......aah, the dream.

I didn't take any progress shots so here it is, the finished, rather amateur looking but lovingly hand-made article:


I decided to line it with cotton and wadding so it's nicely padded (just in case my friend has a few too many shandies and drops it!). This little bit of sewing has reinvigorated my love for all things quilted and I've decided I'm going to tackle another project to remind myself how to use my sewing machine as it's been sat gathering dust for several years now I'm ashamed to say. If I'm going to quilt I'd like to try and do it properly rather than winging it like last time so I've decided I'm going to try and source a free-motion darning foot for my machine and have a go at some embroidery!

Well that's all for now folks,
promise I won't leave it as long next time...
Mrs K
xxx



1 comment:

  1. It looks sooo good. I wish I could do that. Great job! :)
    Following you now :) great blog

    x houseinthesand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete